Allergan Data Labs is on a mission to transform the medical aesthetics business at Allergan, one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world. Allergan aesthetic brands are iconic household names that include Botox, CoolSculpting and Juvéderm among others. The medical aesthetics business is ripe for disruption and we’re building a high performing team to do just that.
Our team has been tasked with executing best in class digital marketing to serve the vast amount of consumer interest in our world class products. Our loyalty program has over 6 million users with 25,000 participating practices in the U.S. Our marketing campaigns have resulted in $100 million in revenue over the last year and we’re just scratching the surface.
The ideal candidate for this Director of Marketing Technology role should be one part technology guru and one part digital marketing expert, comfortably straddling the fence between both worlds. If that sounds like you and you’re interested in working within a startup oriented environment while having the backing of a large company, please read on.
- Serve as an integrator between business needs and technology solutions, helping to deliver tools and methodologies to align with Marketing goals and objectives.
- Evaluate, select and implement marketing technology software to form a cohesive stack that drives acquisition, activation, retention and personalization for millions of consumers.
- Leverage our CDP (Segment) to ingest millions of user events across dozens of digital entities forming a unified view of our consumers to be used across our Digital Marketing and Product initiatives.
- Build automated consumer journeys using our CDP, CRM and machine learning, delivering targeted offers, ads and audiences to downstream channels.
- Elevate the development, deployment, scalability and security of our marketing landing pages, collaborating with our Software Engineering team on execution.
- Work with our Personalization and Data Science teams to strategize and build out the data infrastructure necessary to execute advanced targeting while tracking and reporting success metrics.
- Build out an analytics platform through which other teams can easily access, analyze and export consumer data as well as measure and report against business objectives and KPIs.
- Define marketing technology systems strategy, write requirements, prototype, test, train, support and maintain the implementation with a real sense of ownership and responsibility to this critical function of our business.
- Oversee a CRM data migration, with an agile, iterative approach.
- Partner with software vendors like Google, Facebook, Segment, Twilio and SendGrid while maintaining knowledge on the strengths and weaknesses of major and up-and-coming marketing technology providers.
- Have a passion for automation, reusable infrastructure and simple to use systems for the everyday marketer.
- Care about who you work with and how work is done. We hire carefully and the entire team is given the opportunity to take part in evaluating potential hires.
- Relate to our core values (see below) and would like to contribute to a positive working environment and culture.
Required Experience & Technical Skills
- CRM expert and customer data enthusiast.
- Deep understanding of security, compliance and privacy with customer data.
- 8+ years managing systems in a large scale environment.
- Adept at configuring and using Google Analytics, CRMs and CDPs.
- Knowledgeable with the core mechanics of Google Marketing Platform, Facebook Ads & programmatic trade desks.
- Proficient at building and deploying landing pages capable of high throughput with low latency.
- Expert at supporting direct-to-consumer marketing efforts.
- Self motivated, willing to take ownership, show follow through, solve tough problems and deliver on promised solutions.
- Excellent communication, presentation and white-boarding skills.
- Comfortable working with both Engineering and business teams.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field; or comparable experience.
- Be Humble: You’re smart yet always interested in learning from others.
- Work Transparently: You always deal in an honest, direct and transparent way.
- Take Ownership: You embrace responsibility and find joy in having the answers.
- Learn More: Through blog posts, newsletters, podcasts, video tutorials and meetups you regularly self educate and improve your skill set.
- Show Gratitude: You show appreciation and return kindness to those you work with.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401k with up to 8% company match
- Vacation / PTO
- Entire week off for the holidays
- Brand new MacBook Pro and accompanying equipment to do great work
- Attend a tech conference of your choice each year
- On-campus restaurant
- On-campus gym, tennis court, basketball court and softball field
- Discounts on Allergan products
The Allergan Data Labs team is led and comprised of technology and marketing experts with experience ranging from successful tech startups to large medical corporations. Please don’t be shy, we’d love to have you come by for a chat in our Irvine, CA offices if this opportunity piques your interest.