Allergan Data Labs is on a mission to transform the medical aesthetics business at Allergan, one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world. Allergan aesthetic brands include Botox, CoolSculpting, Juvéderm and many more. The medical aesthetics business is ripe for disruption and we’re building a high performing product engineering team to do just that.
Our team has been tasked with rebuilding the Allergan rewards and loyalty program holistically. We are utilizing machine learning in an effort to intelligently engage our rewards program members in a more personalized and effective way. In its current state this program services over 6 million users and is present in nearly 25,000 medical offices/spas in the U.S. We’re looking for a Sr. DevOps Engineer who is interested in working within a startup oriented environment while having the backing of a large company. If that’s you, please read on.
- Drive strategic infrastructure decisions
- Improve the availability, scalability, automation, performance, reliability and security of development and production services
- Perform deep analysis into both systemic and latent reliability issues
- Collaborate with software and data engineers to deploy solutions
- Conduct code reviews
- Care about who you work with and how work is done. We hire carefully and the entire team is given the opportunity to take part in evaluating potential hires
- Relate to our core values (see below) and would like to contribute to a positive working environment and culture
Required Experience & Technical Skills
- 4+ years managing systems in a large scale environment
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- Expert level understanding of Linux-based systems
- Experience with Amazon Web Services ecosystem
- Practical knowledge of various aspects of service design like messaging protocols & behavior, caching strategies and software design practices
- Practical, solid knowledge of shell scripting and at least one higher-level language like Python or Ruby
- Adept at drafting, validating and implementing software systems architecture
- Proficient with Git version control
- Experienced with scaling Node.js and other open source technologies
- Proficient with maintaining and tuning databases like PostgreSQL, MySQL and MongoDB
- Understanding of how to maximize throughput and uptime while setting up monitoring, contingency plans and escalation reports
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, CI/CD, Terraform as well as a working knowledge of the pros/cons of using alternatives
- Be Humble: You’re smart yet always interested in learning from others.
- Work Transparently: You always deal in an honest, direct and transparent way.
- Take Ownership: You embrace responsibility and find joy in having the answers.
- Learn More: Through blog posts, newsletters, podcasts, video tutorials and meetups you regularly self educate and improve your skill set.
- Show Gratitude: You show appreciation and return kindness to those you work with.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401k with up to 8% company match
- Vacation / PTO
- Entire week off for the holidays
- Brand new MacBook Pro and accompanying equipment to do great work
- Attend a tech conference of your choice each year
- On-campus restaurant
- On-campus gym, tennis court, basketball court and softball field
- Discounts on Allergan products
The Allergan Data Labs team is led and comprised of technology and marketing experts with experience ranging from successful tech startups to large medical corporations. Please don’t be shy, we’d love to have you come by for a chat in our Irvine, CA offices if this opportunity piques your interest.